D3.3.1 Semantic integration of the biodiversity literature/Lessons learned from BHL
This page collects information pertaining to markup efforts at BHL and BHL-Europe. It complements the pilot on "Interoperability between taxon treatments from both legacy and prospective literature from three organismic domains (fungi, plants and animals)".
- BHL-Europe home
- Extracting scientific articles from a large digital archive: BioStor and the Biodiversity Heritage Library
Feel free to edit this page directly (registration required) or to reply by email or arrange for a Skype meeting.
- What attempts have been made to mark up contents in BHL or BHL-Europe?
- What schemas have been used, and why?
- What worked well?
- What problems arose in the process?
- What was missing in those efforts in order to make them a full success?
- What question is missing here that would provide further insights into the issue of semantic integration of BHL content (whether in Europe or elsewhere)?