Workshops Berlin, February 2014
From February 10-13, pro-iBiosphere will organize two workshops – MS12 - Workshop on mark-up of biodiversity literature and MS23 - Workshop on alternative business models – and the Fifth Management Meeting at MfN in Berlin. All information relevant to these meetings shall be linked from here in time.
The default room for the two workshops is HS 3330, for the management meeting the Seminarraum Paläontologie. For most of the time, one other room is available for breakout sessions and other forms of group work, as detailed here.
- Sunday, February 9: Preparatory meetings with PLAZI (also in HS 3330), or at 8pm in the hotel lobby for everyone already in town
- Monday, February 10: MS12 - Workshop on mark-up of biodiversity literature
- Tuesday, February 11: MS12 - Workshop on mark-up of biodiversity literature and MS23 - Workshop on alternative business models
- Wednesday, February 12: MS23 - Workshop on alternative business models
- Thursday, February 13: Fifth Management Meeting
The museum is a 10-minute walk away from Berlin Hauptbahnhof (Central Station). The nearest underground station is Naturkundemuseum (U6), the nearest bus stops are Invalidenpark and Robert-Koch-Platz.
There are still 2 airports in Berlin, Tegel (TXL) and Schönefeld (SFX). When searching for flights, you can enter the code "BER" into the search, this will find any flights to Berlin regardless of airport.
From Tegel (TXL): Public transport transfer time from TXL will be around 30 Minutes. If you are online, you can check here or http://www.bvg.de for additional possible connections. You need an AB ticket, 2.40 €, which you can buy in the bus. There are also 4-way tickets (4 single tickets for 8,80 €) available at ticket machines only .
Schönefeld (SFX): travel time is around 60 Minutes. You need an ABC ticket (3 euros).
- Rooms have been reserved for participants of the workshops and the management meeting at the Mercure Hotel Berlin-City, about 50 metres away from both the Museum and the Underground station Naturkundemuseum (map).
- For booking, please fill in File:Mercure Hotel booking form.docx and send it by email to Sabrina M'Barki <h5341-re1(at)accor.com> (perhaps best with <daniel.mietchen(at)mfn-berlin(dot)de> in CC) or fax to +49 (0)30/308 26 100. The form is pre-filled with the conference rate for a single room (EUR 79). The rate for a double room is EUR 108.
- The rates include EUR 18 for breakfast, which will be listed as a separate item in your bill.
- The rates are available until January 20, 2014.
- There is free WiFi in the rooms, and rooms facing towards the museum (i.e. West) should still receive the eduroam signal.
Mercure Hotel Berlin City
10115 - BERLIN GERMANY
The German version of the following text was copied directly from the contract with the hotel.
Participants will be able to book rooms at a special rate directly with the hotel until 13 January 2014 (extended to January 20) quoting the booking code ‚piB‘. After this date the rooms will be released and be available for external booking at the normal rate. Participants will pay overnight stay, breakfast and all extra hotel charges themselves at the hotel. The hotel has the right to ask for a credit card as security for the reservation. Until 7 days prior to arrival the cancellation of rooms is free of charge. After that, the rooms are to be paid for by the booking party, minus a reduction of 10% of the original room price. Rooms not occupied until 6 pm on the arrival day count as not claimed. A late arrival, after 6pm, has to be stated in writing in advance.
Reimbursements will be handled separately for the two workshops, as detailed on their respective pages.
At the meeting
Lunch and coffee breaks will be provided at MfN. Dinner is arranged each night at a restaurant close to the venue. Details can be found on the workshop pages. It is paid by each participant.
Standard conform (802.11a/b/g/n) WLAN Notebook or PDA
- The WLAN-Client must be connected to SSID: MfN-Guest with authentication WPA2-PSK and AES configured. The WLAN-Client must use WPA2-PSK Key: !Guest-MfN!
- The WLAN-Client must be configured to use DHCP to get an IP address.
- The Internet browser must use the connection to the Internet directly (without Proxy).
- Howto to connect: start the browser and give in a correct URL (e.g. http://www.naturkundemuseum-berlin.de) You will be directly forwarded to the Guest Portal.
- Provide the login and password (available on site).
Participants pay individually. Dinner tables have been reserved as follows:
- On Monday 10.2. (19:30) at the 12 Apostel (map)
- On Tuesday 11.2. (19:30) at the Honigmond (map)
- On Wednesday 12.2. (19:30) at the Amrit (map)
Please see the respective lists at the pages of the two workshops and the management meeting.