Workshops Berlin, October 2013
Date and venue
8-10 Oct 2013: 4 Workshops
11 of Oct 2013: Third Management meeting
Arrival would probably be on Oct 7th, departure for most participants on the 11th or 12th.
Target audience: IT staff, Flora and Fauna institutions with own XML schemes; global initiatives on biodiversity informatics; Flora and Fauna data providers, potential providers, & provider/user stakeholder group.
The meeting will take place at the FUB-BGBM:
The bus stop "Königin-Luise-Str./ Botanischer Garten" of the X83 is located in front of the building. The closest S+U-Bahn stations are Rathaus Steglitz, U9 & S1 and Dahlem Dorf, U3.
Botanischer Garten und Botanisches Museum,
Freie Universität Berlin
14195 Berlin, Germany
Tel. +49 30 / 83850-100
Skype Meeting Minutes
- 1st Skype Meeting 20 June 2013 available on piB Library
- 2nd Skype Meeting 19 July 2013 available in piB internal Library
- Subsequent Skype Meetings (13 & 23 Aug 2013, 10 & 25 Sept 2013) available in piB internal Library
- 8 Oct Workshop 1 (M4.1): How to improve technical cooperation and interoperability at the e-infrastructure level (FUB-BGBM) Results: 
- 8 Oct Workshop 2 (M4.2): How to promote and foster the development & adoption of common mark-up standards & interoperability between schemas (PLAZI)
- 9 Oct Workshop 3 (M6.2.2): Workshop on user engagement and benefits (RBGK)
- 10 Oct Workshop 4 (M6.3.2): Towards sustainability towards service: Meeting to evaluate business models currently in use by partners and relevant non-partners (SIGMA)
- 11 Oct 9:00 - 16:00 Fourth Management Meeting
There are still 2 airports in Berlin, Tegel (TXL) and Schönefeld (SFX). When searching for flights, you can enter the code "BER" into the search, this will find any flights to Berlin regardless of airport.
Tegel (TXL): Public transport transfer time from TXL will be around 35 Minutes (X9 TXL Bus to Zoological Garden, transfer to U9 subway to Rathaus Steglitz, take Bus X83 direction to Dahlem-Dorf and get off at "Botanic Garden". If you are online, you can check bvg.de for additional possible connections. You need an AB ticket, 2.40 €, which you can buy in the bus. There are also 4-way tickets (4 single tickets for 8,80 €) available at ticket machines only .
Schönefeld (SFX): travel time is around 60 Minutes. You need an ABC ticket (3 euros).
Limited funding is available for participants. For approval of funding and a copy of the Reimbursement Form (receipts must be included after the event) please email Sabrina Eckert under email@example.com. If funding has been approved in advance between the organisers of the meeting and you, a maximum of 400/1300Euros (inside/outside EU) can be funded for flights/train travel (cheapest economy choice), and/or 80Euros/night @ by the organisers chosen hotels. Overnight stay will be paid from the day previous of the meeting to the night following the meeting. Breakfast is also covered, if included in the hotel. Lunch/coffee is free. Dinner, taxi and additional hotel charges have to be paid by participants themselves. Reimbursement claims must be handed in with original receipts until the end of November. In case you want to hand in the form @ the meeting a copy of the original return ticket is also sufficient.
At the meeting
Lunch and coffee breaks will be provided @ the Botanic Gardens. Dinner is arranged each night @ a restaurant close to the venue. Details can be found on the workshop pages. It is paid by each participant. If you would like to join the dinner arrangements for a certain day please send an email to Sabrina Eckert @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choose Wireless (SSID) network "conference" and your website.
Enter the below WLAN-Key into the appearing form: nm5m4t2g