I am interested in scientific name-finding, resolution, and reconciliation. Twitter handle: (@dpsSpiders). I hope to gather requirements, develop ideas for workflows, and establish international partnerships for a proposed Biota of Canada and roll these into a Canadian grant application later in the year.
- Canadensys Canadian university-based aggregator of specimen records
- Global Names Recognition and Discovery (GNRD) Resource with API to find scientific names using TaxonFinder and Neti Neti in unstructured texts, images, documents
- Global Names Resolver Resolve lists of scientific names against known sources
- Global Names Biblio Tools Bibliographic citation parsing, jQuery plug-ins to expose its search API & tagging parts of text
- Canadian Entomologist indexing & search Front-end demonstration for use of GNRD, EOL, AlchemyAPI, elasticsearch w/ geospatial capabilities