MS23 - Workshop on alternative business models
In the framework of pro-iBiosphere Workpackage 6, RBGK will organise a workshop on Business Models on the 11th and 12 of February 2014 in Berlin.
Within this workshop we aim to:
1) Agree the scope of a future "i-Biosphere" enterprise - to decide: Which activities products and services are included as part of the enterprise?
2) Address the question “What information do we need from partners in order to provide conclusions on sustainability?”
3) What might be the most appropriate Governance structure(s)? How would we organise ourselves? How would we arrive at decisions?
The participants for this workshop are representatives from project partner institutions.
In addition to those staff who have a close technical knowledge of pro-iBiosphere core activities, we would like to invite those with experience in strategic business and finance, who may have a view as to how i-Biosphere can fit into the broader data management framework.
MfN in Berlin.
For practical information, see Workshops Berlin, February 2014.
Session 1: Scope of iBiosphere
12:50 - 14:00 Registration and lunch together with MS12 participants.
14:00 - 14:45 Presentation & Review of questionnaire (Qu 1).
14:45 - 16:00 Discussion - Agreeing priority products and services.
16:00 - 16:15 Coffee break
15:15 - 17:15 Discussion continued - Agreeing priority products and services.
17:15 - 18:00 Presentations by external participants (**Charlotte/ Don, please provide the names of the speakers and upload the presentations on the wiki**)
19:00 Dinner with MS12 participants.
Session 2: Costs and savings
08:30 - 09:00 Registration and coffee.
09:00 - 09:30 Presentation & Review of questionnaire (Qu 2).
09:30 - 10:00 Question - How are savings to be achieved?
10:00 - 10:30 Question - What do we need and how do we measure costs and savings?
10:30 - 10:50 Coffee break.
10:50 - 11:20 Discussion - Preliminary findings so far, do we all agree?
11:20 - 11:50 Conclusions - Who does what?
Session 3: Enabling Functions
11:50 - 12:00 Presentation & Review of questionnaire (Q3)
12:00 - 12:25 Discussion - Enabling function challenges
12:25 - 12:50 Discussion - Enabling function recommendations
12:50 - 14:00 Lunch
Session 4: Sustainability & Governance
14:00 - 14:30 Presentation & Review of questionnaire (Qu 4&5)
14:30 - 15:30 Discussion - How do we act?
15:30 - 15:45 Coffee break
15:45 - 17:00 Discussion - Agreeing principles/ alternatives.
17:00 - 17:30 Conclusions - Discuss workshop findings.
Please add your name here if you will attend the workshop. Please order alphabetically by last names.
- Wouter Addink (Naturalis)- present
- Donat Agosti (Plazi)- present
- Bob Allkin (RBGK)-present
- Philippa Benson - present
- Caroline Duterloo (Naturalis)- present
- Quentin Groom (BGM)- present
- Anton Güntsch (FUB-BGBM)- present
- Gregor Hagedorn (MfN)- present
- Bruno Jehle (BJ Institue, Aaarau)- present
- Charlotte Johns (RBGK)- present
- Don Kirkup (RBGK)- present
- Dimitris Koureas (NHM London)- present 11th
- Daniel Mietchen (MfN)- present
- Chuck Miller (BHL)- present
- Sebastian Nordhoff - present
- Alan Paton (RBGK)- present
- Lyubomir Penev (Pensoft)- present
- Soraya Sierra (Naturalis)- present
- William Ulate (BHL)- present
- Jan Van Tol (Naturalis)- present 12th